Why Your Skin Has Acne?
Causes of Acne
Acne is a condition that affects 85% of all people sometime in their life. The American Academy of Dermatology reports that by the mid-teen age, more than 40% of adolescents have acne or acne scarring which require treatment by a dermatologist. It is a disease that causes pimples, deep lumps (cysts & nodules) and plugged pores (white heads and black heads often appearing on the face, neck, back, shoulders & upper arms. Apart from its effects on skin health, acne is often also directly related with mental health problems such as reduced self esteem and can even lead to depression in extreme cases.
Acne has 3 main causes:
1) Over Production of oil (sebum) by enlarged sebaceous (oil) glands in the skin
2) Obstructions of the hair folicles which inhibit the release of the sebum.
3) Growth of bacteria alled P. Acnes in the hair follicles leading to inflammation
At Nuevo Skin Health, we recognise that this can be a very sensitive problem for many people. Our clinicians are experienced and can help customize a treatment plan that suits you. Our private consultation sessions are free and will inform you of our treatment system which is guaranteed to help treat acne prone skin.
How We Treat Acne
Our Nuevo Acne System treats acne prone skin in many different steps targeting the sources of acne formation.
The steps include:
1) Reduce Colonial Acne Bacteria (P.Acnes): by including powerful anti-bacterial ingredients such as Triclosan
2) Clear Pores: by resurfacing of the skin with active ingredients such as Salicylic Acid, Lactic Acid and Resorcinol.
3) Reduce Inflammation: by including potent anti-inflmmatory ingredients such as the naturally occuring witch hazel extract
4) Reduction of Sebum Production: By the use of powerful retinoids such as Retinoic Acid or Retinol.